How to Get There
Schedule of The Busses TO and FROM The Rila Monastery:
- Sofia - Dupnitsa: from Ovcha Kupel bus station at 12:20 (Mon. - Fri.) ⇒ Dupnitsa - Rila Monastery: 14:15 from Dupnitsa Central bus station;
- Blagoevgrad - Rila Monastery: 07:00; 15:00 from Blagoevgrad bus station;
- Rila Monastery - Blagoevgrad: 08:00; 16:50;
- Rila Monastery - Dupnitsa: 09:00; 17:00 ⇒ Dupnitsa - Sofia (by train): 20:13 (arrives in Sofia at 22:00);
- Rila Monastery - Rila: 16:50 ⇒ Rila - Blagoevgrad: 17:30 (Mon. - Fri.) ⇒ Blagoevgrad - Sofia: 18:10 and 19:10;
- Rila Monastery - Rila: 16:50 ⇒ Rila - Blagoevgrad: 18:00 (Sat. - Sun.) ⇒ Blagoevgrad - Sofia: 19:10.
The listed bus lines are daily. Tickets for the buses, departing from the Monastery, are purchased from the driver. Both the arriving and the departing buses stop at the parking lot in front of the main Monastery gate.
If you travel by private transport to the Monastery on the Struma Highway, you should follow the signs for the town of Kocherinovo, as the same exit of the highway is used for the Rila Monastery.
New bus line ("Lira Transport" Ltd.) on the route: Kyustendil - Rila Monastery - Kyustendil
The buses run every Sunday until 28 August 2022 according to the schedule:
- 8:30 am Kyustendil – Kocherinovo – Rila – Rila Monastery
- 15:30 pm Rila Monastery – Rila – Kocherinovo – Kyustendil